IGLF GRANT FOR RESEARCH AND PROMOTION
OF MICRO, SMALL and MEDIUM ENTERPRISES
Research and Project Promotion activities supportive of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Plan (MSMEDP) such as, but not limited to the following:
1. Conduct of new and innovative studies including policy research, product improvement, services, technology, and processes to build, or lead to the building of capacities of MSME's, as well as enhance, or lead to the enhancement of MSME competetiveness.
2. Technical assistance to support the preparation and implementation of MSME projects and activities.
3. Procurment of limited capital goods/equipment for conducting research.
4. Commercialization of technologies.
5. Product design, packaging and labelling.
6. Trade fairs and missions. (booth, registration fees, etc)
7. Business matching activities.
8. Development of promotional materials, including publications to uphold IGLF and make it known to a greater number of MSMEs and other stakeholders
9. Capacity building of MSMEs and IGLF accredited financial institutions.
Government agencies/institutions and private entities that:
1. Provide sustainable business developtment services to MSMEs
2. Possess a five year track record in research and promotion activities.
3. Ready to put up counterpart resources (in cash or kind) where these will be required.
4. Engage in Activities that contribute to MSME Development.
In the case of government institutions, priority shall be accorded to research and promotion projects that are not adequately funded nor provided regular budget.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION
1. Consistency of project objectives of MSMEDP.
2. Contribution of the project to research, promotion, growth, expansion of MSMEs.
3. Expected economic and social benefits.
4. Preparedness of proponents and project implementors.
REQUIREMENTS FOR AVAILMENT
1. Submission of Project Proposal to DBP-IGLF in triplicate and softcopy indicating the following:
a. Project Title
b. Project Agency
c. Project Objectives
d. Responsible Official/Designation
e. Target Beneficiaries
f. Expected Benefits/Project Impact
g. Detailed breakdown of Cost Components
h. Sources of Funds (including equity counterpart)
i. Reason/s for Requesting IGLF Assistance
j. Deliverables/Timeframe of Implementation
k. Documentary evidence of action/s undertaken on the proposed project
2. Grantees shall enter in MOA with IGLF prior to implementation.
Grantees shall submit periodic progress reports on utilization of the grant and full liquidation of expenses as compliance requirements of subsequent releases.
Expenses for travel/fuel/transportation, hotel accommodation, administrative cost, communication, salaries and wages, stationeries and supplies. These items shall form part of proponent's equity participation.