"Owned by the National Government through the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), the IGLF was established on July 15, 1952 by an Agreement between the governments of the United States of America and the Republic of the Philippines to encourage the formation and expansion of enterprises in industry, mining and other support services.
As the longest running MSME facility in the country, Fund administration has been handled by the Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) since August 1, 1990. Headed by a Chief Executive Officer, the Fund is managed by a Governing Board and assisted by an inter-agency Technical Advisory Group composed of representatives from National Economic and Development Authority, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Department of Finance, Department of Trade and Industry, University of the Philippines-Institute for Small-Scale Industries and Development Bank of the Philippines.
IGLF’s policy direction was aligned with the Philippine Development Plan throughout its 64 years in existence. Today, its primary purpose is to provide credit and technical assistance to viable MSMEs and accredited financial institutions to promote employment generation and provide other high value adding economic contributions. To complement IGLF’s lending activities, capacity building interventions are made available for its various program stakeholders."